Friday, December 15, 2006

Trapped!

I just got into the elevator on the ground floor and pushed the button for the fourth floor. The elevator starting ascending, the numbers on the display started going up. When it got to the fourth floor, the doors stayed shut and the display showed a long line instead of numbers. It then shut down, all the buttons not working and went to floor -1, the parking garage. After a moment, the panel came back on and I hit the forth floor button again. The same thing happened another two times, until on the third attempt, the elevator shut down and nothing worked. I started pressing all the buttons, and eventually the alarm button worked. The lobby man asked if everything was alright, and I explained how I was trapped in the elevator. He came down a few minutes later and used a tool to get the outside doors open, I pushed the inner ones aside with my hands. The elevator had stopped about half a foot lower than floor -1. I went back up in the other elevator, I don’t think being trapped in small spaces for five minutes has turned me off of elevators just yet, I still prefer them to the stairs. Regardless, it was quite the experience.

No comments: