Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Google, cumin and inducing labor

People get to my site through Google by searching for all types of strange things. Looking through the site statistics, I found a keyword entry yesterday titled “tea from ground cumin to induce labor”. This is one of the stranger topics people have searched for and ended up at my blog. I have never written about tea, so I assume they found my recipe including cumin or the story about Dougie’s spicy food inducing labor.

I don’t know one way or the other, but I did find a comment on a message board about it. “My midwife said that the reason Mexican food works sometimes is because cumin does something with the blood vessels of the uterus and makes it contract.” I don’t know the answer one way or another, but I think the advice from the Herbalist makes sense: “Why are you trying to induce your labor? Babies come in their own sweet time unfortunately, and though it can be frustrating, they will arrive when it's time. If, however, you are having problems, you should seek professional medical assistance immediately. Inducing labor is very dangerous and could be fatal to you and your child, so please seek medical help.”

So keep on eating tacos and don't forget to invite me over for dinner. Oh, and Mazel Tov on the new addition to the family!

No comments: