Monday, November 27, 2006

Kubah Soup Recipe

Someone searched Google for “Kubah Soup Recipe” and got my blog. I feel bad that I don’t actually have one posted, so here is my recommendation where to get some. One of the best things at my favorite Yemenite restaurant, Marvad HaKisamim (The Magic Carpet) is the Kubah. There are many other amazing dishes; I would of course recommend the shipudim (chicken/meat on a stick) and the salad platters. Kubah served on a plate as a side dish is normally deep fried, it’s a small pocket (or cone) of fried dough, stuffed with ground beef and pine nuts. The kubah in soup is usually boiled instead of fried, and slightly rounder, resembling a matza ball. In Israel, you can pick up frozen packages of kubah ready to drop into any dish.

My Dad and I used to go to their old Jerusalem location fifteen years ago, since then it has gone from being a well kept secret to a Jerusalem landmark. The food is excellent and they have recently opened several new branches around the city. I have been with a number of visitors as well as friends from Israel, and everyone loves the place. I like the huge amounts of salads, choices and value. It’s really authentic; the bread is baked fresh and melts in your mouth. For a review and a coupon, click here: http://eluna.com/rest/Marvad.asp?mumu=251

I don’t have a recipe for the perfect kubah, but eating it at Marvad is better than making it at home.

No comments: