Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tel Zaharah 2007

Erin bugged me to write something in my blog because it really has been so long, so here goes. After the last six months in the army, its finally come time for my first vacation week. Every four months, every soldier is entitled to a week off, and I suspect most spend it at home sleeping. Since I recently signed up to be in the army for at least a couple more years (more about that later), I had to fit my usual summer pursuit, archeological excavation, into a week instead of a couple months as I had originally planned. Today is the first day at Tel Zaharah 2007, which will one day translate into another T-shirt in my growing collection. I have always heard that the sign of a true Israeli is the large and varied ripped, stained and stretched T-shirt collection one amasses over the span of camp, army, or this and that. It sometimes seem that you can get a T-shirt for anything, I guess in a way it’s a lot like boy scout badges for tying your laces and walking across the street.

All in all, the dig was a lot of fun, but I spent way to little time out in the sun this summer...

No comments: